One of the best parts about summer is that vibrant color never seems out of place. Here in the (subdued) suburban Northeast, a shocking pink, mohair winter coat or a pair of lime green, suede ankle booties would have folks on the street doing a double take.
But, in the summer all bets are off! I can wear mandarin orange sandals, neon yellow bike shorts, or a cerulean blue maxi and no one bats an eye.
To complement my (very) colorful summer wardrobe, I love to add a dash of sass with a funky mani or pedi. Because nailcolor is so easily changeable, it’s the fun (and inexpensive) way to try out new shades. And this summer, one of my favorite sources for nailpolish, SinfulColors, takes color to the max with a “Street Fusion,” a collection of 29 on-trend, eye-popping shades and topcoats.
According to SinfulColors, “the hues reflect the vibrant and eclectic chaos from around the world.” But, I think they are just plain old fun!
There are several categories of colors — from saturated cream shades, to opalescents, to neons, to glitz, glam… and even glitter. The full line up of 29 must-have shades for summer includes:
- 24/7: The hottest pink out there
- Black On Black: Dark-as-night black
- Boom Boom: A pop of hot pink
- Cherry Blossom: Metallic petal pink
- Cinderella: An illuminating pastel blue
- Copper Pot: Glistening gold
- Courtney Orange: Opalescent tangerine
- Curry Up: Iridescent lime
- Daredevil: A pop of neon pink
- Dream On: A brilliantly induced boysenberry
- Endless Blue: A deep wave of cobalt
- Fuji Fiji: Holographic silver glitter
- GoGo Girl: Sleek & sexy candy-apple red
- Hazard: The creamiest of corals
- Hottie: Clear azure blue twinkling with silver
- Island Coral: A tropical burst of clementine
- Keira Blu: Dazzling indigo
- Lavender: The perfect purple-y gray
- Let’s Meet: Luxe lemon yellow
- Love Nails: A gleaming turquoise
- Maroon Fine: High-shine metallic copper
- Mint Apple: A creamy teal with a touch of shimmer
- Otaku Anime: Bright yellow with extra sheen
- Pink Ansen: Jagged glitter in punchy pink
- Skylark: Opaque peach
- Sky Tree: Sparkling teal
- Snow Me White: Bright white
- Sugar Sugar: Red-hot red
- Why Not: A clear sky blue
The “PINATA BLAST GLITTERS” include Baila Baila (clear based peach and royal blue confetti flecks), Fierce Fiesta (multi-hued red, pink & yellow confetti) and Mamasita (indigo splashed with ruby and white glitter).
Or try the “GRAFFITI BOMB GLITTERS” collection which includes Color Tag (rich navy with pastel glitter and my personal fave), Paste-erd (a night-sky navy with periwinkle glitter) or Writing On The Wall (a shimmery black with ruby flakes).
For 24 years, the visionary beauty experts at SinfulColors have been creating the hottest nail colors, unique textures, and over-the-top top coats in the industry. I love that SinfulColors keeps me ahead of the curve, with new colors for every season. You can see at fan faves and amazing nail art ideas on SinfulColors social media accounts: Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The summer collection is available now at Walgreens and other mass retailers. For a complete list click Where to Buy at SinfulColors. And, while you’re there, don’t forget to check out the hundreds of choices in a veritable rainbow of colors!
Your guide to a life filled with STYLE! Susan Conforte McNeill is a wife, mother, Harper’s BAZAAR Style Ambassador, Cover Girl Ambassador, and the co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait.
DISCLAIMER: No financial compensation was received in exchange for this post. I did, however, receive a samples from the SinfulColors’ Street Fusion Collection in order to fully test the products. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers.
PHOTO: Used with permission by SinfulColors.