My oldest daughter recently arrived in the US from her new home in Spain. And as a talented and enthusiastic hobbyist chef, she’s been slicing, dicing, sautéing, and in general, cooking up a storm for me ever since.
To be transparent, the kitchen is not my natural habitat. But since she’s been here, I’ve been experimenting more with simple, healthy meals (under her watchful eye, naturally). This learning process has been aided tremendously by acquiring the right tools, including a 7-piece set of high carbon stainless steel knives from IBEIKE.
The IBEIKE brand was established in 2002 by the Muramasa family, and is dedicated to crafting exceptional, professional knives for the home chef. But the family’s history stretches much farther back than merely 20 years. In fact, the Muramasa family has been in the business of crafting katana swords for over 300 years!
That level of expertise is immediately evident in the high-quality craftsmanship of these knives. Each knife is made from German stainless steel, then hand polished to maintain a sharp edge. They are also wonderfully balanced, so even a novice like me can use them with ease (and not hurt myself in the process).
The knives also feature an ergonomically designed handle. After years of using inferior, inexpensive knives, these just feel balanced and “right” in my hand, and provide a wonderful grip and control while slicing.
The handles are made from durable wood that is polished to a high gleam, highlighting the beautiful grain. These blades and wooden handles do require some specific care. For example, they should never go in the dishwasher – instead they should be hand washed and dried. According to Martha Stewart (who knows such things),” A dishwasher can be detrimental to the quality of your knife,” she says. “They are often too abrasive and based on the type of detergent used, the process can cause rust or corrosion.”
As you can see from my photos, these knives are simply gorgeous. And even if I am just slicing lemons for iced tea, I look like a pro!
This set contains everything any chef (hobbyist or professional) could ever need including:
- 8” chef’s knife. This knife is so versatile, I can use it for just about anything.
- 8” slicing knife. A perfect choice for more delicate tasks, like thinly slicing strawberries.
- 8” bread knife. The serrated blade makes short work of even crusty artisanal bread.
- 7” Santoku knife. This is great for chopping and dicing. And those little holes make it easier for food to slide off, making is a good choice for cubing cheese or other foods that tend to stick.
- 5” utility knife. The workhorse of the kitchen, this is perfect for slicing anything from grilled cheese sandwiches to baked salmon.
- 5” boning knife. If you roast chicken, lamb or beef, this knife will get a workout.
- 3 1/2” fruit knife. Essential for paring, peeling or chopping anything from apples to zucchini.
This knife set comes beautifully packaged in a gift box and would make a very much appreciated birthday, wedding, Mother’s Day or anniversary gift.
Thanks so much for reading! While you’re here, please don’t forget to enter our most recent fashion, beauty and style giveaways. And, if you enjoyed this IBEIKE 7-Piece Knife Set post, visit In the Kitchen or more kitchen, cooking and baking finds, trends and ideas.
PHOTO DISCLAIMER: Original photos may not be reproduced without prior authorization.
Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone. and is your guide to a life filled with style. From must-have fashion and accessories, to gorgeous gardens, stunning interiors, plus the latest products for parties, weddings, and events of all kinds. Susan Conforte McNeill is an author, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait!