While I love fashion as much as the next girl, there are times when I consciously – at all costs – avoid a trend. Sometimes it is a color that is so incredibly wrong for me, I can’t even carry it as a handbag. Sometimes, the style simply isn’t flattering on anyone under 6’. And, sometimes, I suspect that designers are actually making fun of us. So, I’m skipping fashion trends this season including…
- One shoulder cut out. According to Elle, this is one of the top looks for spring However, I just can’t get behind it! Once, my little niece got angry at her dad and cut the sleeves off all of his dress shirts. Each time I see one of these, I am reminded of that ill-fated attempt to get his attention. (Please note, this look is vastly different than the sexy, slouchy shoulder, which I adore.)
- Sleeve slits. While these look dramatic, beautiful and vaguely medieval on the runway, the reality of those sleeves flopping around while I am trying to actually do anything just drives me crazy. Bell sleeves took long enough to get used to. I am using an executive veto on this one.
- Robes as clothing. No pajamas in public. ‘Nuff said.
- XXXXL bags. A few years back, I got a stunning Dooney & Burke satchel in a luscious caramel color. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was also so large and heavy, than after just one day of lugging it around Boston for the Head of the Charles Regatta, I vowed never again. My back still hasn’t recovered.
- Slogan tees. I left these behind in middle school. You should, too.
Since this is my personal “miss” list, I wonder… do you agree? Or, are there other looks you will be skipping this season? I would love to hear from you!
Thanks for visiting! While you’re here, please take some time to enter one of our fashion, beauty and home / garden style giveaways. And, if you liked this post, visit Women’s Fashion for more beauty and fashion trends.
HOW TO GET YOUR PRODUCT REVIEWED AT SUSAN SAID… WHAT?! Do you have a style product line and want an honest evaluation? Want to create a promotion or a giveaway? Please contact us!
PHOTO: Used with permission and created via Polyvore.
DISCLAIMER: No financial compensation was received in exchange for this Skipping Fashion Trends post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I believe will be good for my readers.
Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone and is your guide to a life filled with style. Inside, you’ll find everything from must-have fashion and accessories, to gorgeous gardens, stunning interiors, plus the latest products for parties, weddings, and events of all kinds.