With the recent turn in the weather, I have begun shopping for spring and summer in earnest. And for years, my go-to brand has been Ralph Lauren. For me, RL collections are just so wearable. And, rather than having to toss everything old and start afresh, I find that year after year, the collections seamlessly integrate with looks from the previous year.
Above, I’ve showcased some of my favorite, classic pieces. These are the looks I will be shopping in the next few weeks as the thermometer continues to rise! Other highlights include:
- A palette of monochromatic white, crisp white and blue or patriotic red/white/blue
- Oversized caramel colored belts to whittle the waist
- Sensible (but cute!) totes
- Flowing mid-calf skirts (saved from becoming dowdy by healthy slits)
- French striped tops à la Coco Channel
- Traditional blazers (where have these been in recent years?)
- Sweaters tied at the neck (my personal trademark)
- Gorgeous full, flared pants that walked more like gowns… such movement, such flow!
- An overall preppy vibe right down to the popped collar and crew neck sweater, but with a twist (paired with a leather skirt!)
To see the entire RL RTW show (and create your own spring shopping wish list), see below.
Your guide to a life filled with STYLE! Susan Conforte McNeill is a wife, mother, author, entrepreneur, Harper’s BAZAAR Style Ambassador and Cover Girl Ambassador. Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone.com in 2015. Susan is also the co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait! Read more about her in Family Circle Magazine.