Years ago, I had a favorite go-to outfit: a very plain off-white wool dress, off-white stockings and sexy sling back pumps, 1920’s-style knotted pearls and a stunning off-white mock-croc chain bag. Without fail, every time I stepped out in this outfit, I got a compliment on the look. Simple, elegant, monochromatic… expensive. Even though it wasn’t my most costly ensemble, the monochromatic look says “money” like nothing else.
And, it’s so simple to achieve! Using favorite pieces already in your closet, just pair them up according to color, rather than contrast. (This is the only time you’ll hear me suggest you match your bag and your shoes!) You’ll be surprised at how different your “old standby” dress or skirt looks.
A quick word of caution… this look is best achieved with neutrals. Although Kate Middleton or Heidi Klum can make head-to-toe red, lemon-yellow or cobalt work, in the real world, most of us can’t!
- L K Bennett ruched dress ($255 – lkbennett.com)
- Closet body con dress ($59 – awear.com)
- Bodycon dress ($28 – pilotfashion.com)
- Vionnet black shoes (stylebop.com)
- Jimmy Choo high heels (net-a-porter.com)
- Kurt Geiger high heel pumps ($325 – houseoffraser.co.uk)
- Aspinal of London black clutch ($455 – johnlewis.com)
- Tory Burch clutch handbag ($425 – farfetch.com)
- Silver clutch ($54 – quizclothing.co.uk)
- KC Designs rose gold jewelry (endless.com)
- Amrita Singh jewelry (amritasingh.com)
- Art deco jewelry ($56 – fletcherandgrace.com.au)
While you are here, please take some time to enter our fashion, style, beauty and accessories giveaways. And if you liked this Jasper Earrings post, don’t forget to visit Women’s Fashion for even more fashion trends.
PHOTO: Used with permission.
DISCLAIMER: No payment or product sample was received in exchange for this Monochromatic post. I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Susan Said… WHAT?! is your guide to a life filled with style. From must-have fashion and accessories, to gorgeous gardens, stunning interiors, plus the latest products for parties, weddings, and events of all kinds, you’ll find it here. Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone.com. And, Editor Susan Conforte McNeill is an author, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait!