By now, most of us know that Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. In fact, according to WebMD, “Vitamin C is one of the safest and most effective nutrients” for your overall health.
What you may not know is that Vitamin C is an essential vitamin, which means that your body can’t produce it on its own. So, even if you eat a healthy diet rich in fruits and vegetables, a supplement is often needed to get your recommended daily dose. This is especially true if you are dieting.
But not all supplements are the same.
Health By Habit Vitamin C tablets offer a powerful punch, with 1000 mg. in every capsule. Each bottle contains 60 capsules, a full 2-month supply.
And, unlike pricey specialty shop offerings, they are available at Walmart for just $8.88 (that’s less than 15 cents a day!).
But, the most important feature of Health By Habit vitamins is the absorption rate. In order to reap the health benefits of vitamins, they have to be released into the body quickly. And, hard tablets simply don’t disintegrate rapidly enough. These capsules actually contain a powdered Vitamin C formula for a rapid release.
Also, the capsules have no artificial colors, flavors or sugar. Sugar is the worst offender, because it actually hinders the absorption of Vitamin C (yet another reason to skip dessert occasionally).
Need more convincing? Here are just a few of the many health benefits you’ll gain by taking Vitamin C:
- As a powerful antioxidant, Vitamin C can strengthen your body’s natural immune response and even reduce your risk of chronic disease.
- Vitamin C can help manage high blood pressure.
- Regularly taking Vitamin C can lower the risk of heart disease by reducing contributing factors such as high LDL (“bad”) cholesterol levels, as well as low levels of HDL (“good”) cholesterol.
- By reducing blood uric acid levels, Vitamin C can help guard against gout attacks.
- Since taking Vitamin C improves the body’s absorption of iron, it can help prevent an iron deficiency.
- Vitamin C boosts immunity and protects the body against infection.
- Vitamin C can help strengthen skin’s barriers.
- Low Vitamin C levels have been linked to impaired memory. Taking this vitamin helps protect your memory and cognitive abilities.
To learn more about the many health benefits of Vitamin C, I suggest you read “7 Scientific Health Benefits of Vitamin C” at Everyday Health.
Thanks for reading! While you are here, don’t forget to enter our current fashion, beauty and style giveaways. And, if you enjoyed this 8 Important Health Benefits of Vitamin C post, visit Women’s Health & Beauty for more health and beauty trends and must-have products.
HOW TO GET PRODUCTS AND SERVICES FEATURED AT SUSAN SAID… WHAT?! If you have a fashion, beauty or style product line and want an honest evaluation, or if you would like to create a giveaway or promotional event, please contact us.
DISCLAIMER: No financial compensation was received in exchange for this 8 Important Health Benefits of Vitamin C post. I did, however, receive a sample of the product in order to fully test it and provide an honest evaluation. I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers.
Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone.com and has been your guide to a life filled with style since 2009. You’ll find everything from must-have fashion and beauty items, to gorgeous gardens, stunning interiors, plus the latest products and ideas for events of all kinds. In addition to editing Susan Said… WHAT?!, Susan Conforte McNeill is an author, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait!