It’s not a secret that one of the ways to live a long and healthy life is to exercise regularly. It’s not just enough to stay away from smoking or having the proper diet, a regular workout is absolutely necessary.
If you’ve made the commitment to live a healthier lifestyle this year, then you probably included a regular workout in one of your goals. If this is your first foray into working out, you might be afraid of the risk of injury. It is important that you don’t just dive in head first, as you might be putting your body at risk.
Here are our Top 5 Tips to keep your body going strong during a workout and Preventing Weightlifting Injuries:
- Warm up. Do not ever attempt to work out without warming up. Whether you are doing a low impact workout or intense cardio training, there will be less risk of injury if you warm up your muscles. When you warm up, your blood flow not only increases, but your muscles also become more elastic and flexible.
- Use the proper technique. This means that you need to make sure that you are doing the workout properly in order to get the maximum benefit. This is especially true when weight training. If your technique is wrong, you might pull a muscle, or even have a worse injury such as a sprain. Do not overestimate your strength, especially in you’re just starting out. Don’t overdo the workout, but instead pace yourself properly. Start with a few repetitions and gradually increase the intensity of your workout.
- Wear the proper shoes. Each person has a different need when it comes to workout shoes. Why don’t you try going to a store which can specifically tell you what kind of shoes will be best for you? They will take into account your body weight, the arch on your feet, and even your gait to find the best shoes to match your specific needs.
- Maintain a balanced diet. This includes not only eating the proper food, but also making sure that you are properly hydrated during exercise. Carbohydrates before a workout and proteins after a workout are key. If you are a gym member, you can ask for the services of the in-house nutritionist to come up with a meal plan that will suit your individual fitness goals.
- Do strength and core training. You will have more endurance during your exercise sessions if you work on your core and your strength. Weightlifting will balance the muscles in your body. If you do decide to lift weights, make sure that you have the proper weightlifting gear. As you gradually get serious about lifting weights, you should know the importance of weightlifting belts. They not only maximize the weight that you can carry, but also support the spine.
Discover more about weightlifting belts at Garage Gym Builder. Learn why weightlifting belts are necessary and see the top products on the market. There are even comparisons on the best weightlifting belts based on important factors such as price and durability, so you can make a smart choice on your purchase.
Love health, beauty essentials, and fashion? Now, you can WIN YOUR FAVES! While you are here, please take some time to enter our giveaways. And, if you enjoyed this Preventing Weightlifting Injuries: Top 5 Tips post, please visit Women’s Health and Beauty for even more health and beauty tips, products, trends and inspiration.
NEED A PRODUCT OR SERVICES REVIEW? If you have a fashion, beauty or style product line (or service) and want an honest evaluation, or if you would like to create a giveaway, please contact us.
Susan Said… WHAT?! is your guide to a life filled with style. From must-have fashion and accessories, to gorgeous gardens, stunning interiors, plus the latest products for parties, weddings, and events of all kinds. Susan Conforte McNeill is an author, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait! Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone.com.
This Preventing Weightlifting Injuries: Top 5 Tips post was supplied by Garage Gym Builder. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I believe will be good for my readers.