24K Glow is so much more than a moisturizer. Not only is my skin soft, smooth and hydrated, this elixir actually fades dark spots and protects against both pollution and sun damage. Alchemy, indeed!
This cream harnesses the power of Astaxanthin (which is actually derived from algae) as well as the retinol alternative, super antioxidant Bakuchiol. Bakuchiol has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties, and is a safe alternative to retinol for all skin types. It also has some serious benefits over retinol.
For anyone who has ever used a retinol product, you’ll know that they can be aggressive on the skin. Retinol can cause irritation, redness, flaking and even hyperpigmentation. In contrast, A British Journal of Dermatology study (2018) found that Bakuchiol has similar capabilities to retinol for improving the signs of aging of the skin; but, is better tolerated. In fact, Bakuchiol is intensely healing and reparative.
And, it really works! Bakuchiol actually stimulates the retinoid receptors responsible for the synthesis of Type 1 collagen in the skin. (According to dermatologist Dr. Ohara Aivaz, “Collagen is what keeps our skin from sagging, giving us that plump, youthful look.”) In addition, Bakuchiol stimulates cell renewal for a smooth surface, effectively delivering retinol-like results – all without annoying skin irritation.
Best of all, this is a product you can use at night and in the day, as it will not cause sun sensitivity. With beautiful spring weather making an appearance and summer just around the corner, this is a major bonus.
Here are my personal takeaways:
- Delivery method. The pump is easy to use and ensures that no product is wasted.
- Scent: This moisturizer has a natural, vaguely spicy scent. It smells clean without being overly perfumed.
- Moisturizing Effects: Skin is noticeably softer, smoother and fine lines are minimized.
- Rosy Glow: This product has a warm tint (after being trapped in the house over the past year, this is greatly appreciated).
- Absorbency: This moisturizer is dense and rich. So, it does take a bit of time to absorb into skin. If using in the morning, leave extra time (10 minutes at least) to allow skin to fully absorb before applying makeup.
- Breakout Factor: Although I have quite sensitive skin, I have been using this moisturizer faithfully each day and night – even layered over my eye serum– and have not suffered a single breakout or reaction of any kind.
- Green: Eco-certified, cruelty-free, plant-based and sustainable.
The 24K Glow Astaxanthin + Bakuchiol Moisturizer is available at Morganna’s Alchemy. Retail $50.00
In addition to this amazing moisturizer, Morganna’s Alchemy also offers a wide selection cleansers, skin and body care, hair care, scrubs, and serums for women and men. Free delivery on all orders over $80.
Do you love makeup and beauty essentials, jewelry, handbags, and fashion? Now, you can WIN THEM AT SUSAN SAID… WHAT?! While you are here, please take some time to enter our giveaways. And, if you enjoyed this Morganna’s Alchemy Moisturizer post, please visit Women’s Health and Beauty for even more beauty essentials, trends and inspiration.
NEED A PRODUCT REVIEW? Have a fashion, beauty or style product line and want an honest evaluation, or would you like to create a giveaway or promotion? Please contact us.
DISCLAIMER: No financial compensation was received in exchange for this Morganna’s Alchemy Moisturizer post. I did, however, receive a promotional sample in order to test the product and provide an honest review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I believe will be good for my readers.
Susan Said… WHAT?! is your guide to a life filled with style. From must-have beauty essentials, fashion and accessories, to gorgeous gardens, stunning interiors, plus the latest products and ideas for parties and events of all kinds. Susan Conforte McNeill is an author, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait! Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone.com.