With Megan Markle and Prince Harry’s wedding merely weeks away, wedding fever has hit in earnest. While we eagerly await additional details of the Royal Wedding, it’s time to look at the all-new wedding trends that will shape nuptials in 2018.
Here’s what the experts have to say:
You’re invited… to create imaginative wedding invitations
- Brides suggests, “Wedding invitations that go beyond paper. We’re seeing a desire to incorporate various textures and materials into the invitation, such as fabric, acrylic, leather, metal, and more. The layered effect is interesting and really gets guests excited about what’s to come.”
- The List says, “Couples are wanting to express their personalities more than ever in their wedding details, and paper goods are the perfect way to flex their creativity.”
Unique wedding venues trump traditional halls in 2018
- “As couples create a wedding uniquely their own, more are stepping outside the traditional reception space and hosting their weddings in unexpected places: boxing gyms, pop-up barns, historic libraries and large homes with sprawling backyards. Met at a summer camp? Host your wedding under the stars surrounded by nature. Love music? Choose a concert hall and be rock stars for the day,” say experts at the knot.
- The Insider says, “Although barn and vintage weddings aren’t exactly going away (in fact, they’re still going strong), some planners are also seeing couples embrace a more “modern,” contemporary, clean aesthetic.”
Wedding flowers show off personality
- Martha Stewart Weddings, “Unexpected uses (and types!) of florals. Expect to see lush dogwood arrangements, living botanical bars, and potted plants on ceremony aislesand everywhere at receptions.”
- Brides suggests, “greenery instead of fabric drapery for outdoor, tented weddings. Think clear tents with lush greenery installations to bring in that natural element and really make things feel organic.”
- Dogwood blooms. “The perfect synthesis of the monochrome and the upscale foraged floral trends, our designer friends tell us these springy clippings are poised for a major bridal renaissance,” says Business Insider in a recent article entitled These will be the 8 biggest wedding trends of 2018.
- Pinterest searches for suspended flowers are up by 346%.
Color makes a comeback for 2018 weddings
- The Bridal Guide is enthusiastic about color, “Color is an easy way to bring in your personality. Keep an eye out for warm corals; brighter pinks, purples and blues; and moody jewel tones. Or do something completely unexpected and pair high contrast colors, like cherry red and aqua, pink flamingo and kelly green, or lemon yellow and tangy orange. Don’t limit your color use to the flowers or table linens — colored glassware is an unexpected touch that elevates any tablescape.”
- The List says, “You won’t find many stark-white cakes on a couple’s wedding day anymore, since traditional details seem like yesterday’s news.”
- “For brides planning weddings in 2018, one trend in particular is expected to become super popular, and while it’s new and feels fresh, we’re actually super excited about it. We’re talking about ultra-violet, the vibrant hue that Pantone named the 2018 color of the year. If fully embraced, a bold color like ultra-violet would be a stark contrast to the delicate trends that reigned supreme in 2017,” according to Southern Living.
Let them eat cake… and so much more!
- Ideas from Wedding Wire, “A range of sugary delights are a sweet surprise for guests who are expecting traditional vanilla wedding cake. French pastries, fruit-flavored pies, and creme brûlée are some of the delicious desserts being served at reception tables. Or for couples who would prefer that their guests stay on the dance floor, the last hour of the reception may offer sweets served cocktail-hour style with waiters passing bite-sized desserts and after-dinner cocktails.”
If you like these 2018 Wedding Trends, you’ll love our latest GIVEAWAY. Spend that $300 on chic bridesmaids’ and groomsman’s gifts and more!
Win a $300 Gift Card to My Gift Stop. My Gift Stop offers a beautifully curated collection of classic, luxury goods from brands you know, trust, and love. Just a few examples include high quality watches from Victorinox Swiss Army, Bulova, or Movado, handbags from Kate Spade and Michael Kors, and must-have sunglasses from Oakley, Ray-Ban, and Tom Ford. There are also perfumes, wallets, clocks, home goods… plus jewelry galore. These are the type of gifts that will be long remembered! Giveaway ends 3-27-2018. CLICK TO ENTER.
Susan Said… WHAT?! is your guide to real style for the way you live. From fabulous fashion and accessories, to gorgeous gardens and stunning interiors, plus the latest products and tips for throwing parties, weddings, and events of all kinds.
DISCLAIMER: No financial compensation was received in exchange for this Wedding Trends post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I believe will be beneficial for my readers.