Sometimes, I just don’t have the energy to come up with an exciting outfit for work. I’m running late. Or one of the kids has forgotten to take something to school. Or I need to stop on the way to get gas. Sometimes, all three! Those are the days when I reach for one of my fave, easy sweater dresses. Of course, sweater dressing is nothing new, however, this year’s crop is more body conscious (and flattering!) than the baggy, often shapeless garments of years past.
Here are my top three picks in a variety of price ranges that will add some style and color to your week. Add one simple accessory, fab footwear, and you’re ready to go.
- Philosophy di Alberta Ferretti long sleeve sweater dress ($206 – theoutnet.com)
- Wool sweater dress (£147 – farfetch.com)
- Alexander McQueen wool sweater dress (£795 – harveynichols.com)
- Vince Camuto black pumps ($118 – vincecamuto.com)
- Mango pointy toe pumps (£85 – mango.com)
- Michael Kors leather pumps ($250 – net-a-porter.com)
- Anton Heunis vintage drop earrings ($81 – asos.com)
- Chanel jewelry (fashion.1stdibs.com)
- Missoni M printed silk scarf ($285 – stylebop.com)
And, since I am writing this post in the morning, guess what I’ll be wearing into the office…
Thanks for taking the time to visit! While you’re here, please take some time to enter our most recent giveaways. And, visit Women’s Fashion for more fashion trends, designer interviews and style inspiration.
Susan Said… WHAT?! is your guide to a life filled with style. From must-have fashion and accessories, to gorgeous gardens and gardening tips, stunning interiors and DIY projects, plus the latest ideas for parties, weddings, and events of all kinds. Susan Conforte McNeill is an author, entrepreneur, and co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait! Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone.com.
PHOTOS: Sweater Dresses images used with permission.
DISCLAIMER: No financial compensation was received in exchange for this Sweater Dresses post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I believe will be good for my readers.