Sometimes, I’m really lucky. I occasionally happen upon an artist whose work is largely unknown, but should be! And, that’s definitely the case with the talented glass artist Michele Palenik of Purple Cloud Studio www.purplecloudstudio.com.
I was first introduced to Purple Cloud Studio in 2009. Michele had been creating commissioned pieces for the Odyssey Marine Research Company (OMRC is an amazing group of people who seek to bring to light the essence of world history through shipwreck research and recovery). Michele’s unique work was commissioned as part of an OMRC Pirate Event in Walt Disneyworld. Since I’m an amateur treasure hunter myself, I was immediately intrigued!
Michele’s pieces are truly wearable art and are made with the highest quality materials and craftsmanship. Her 20+ years of experience provide a solid foundation of engineering and functional design skills, but Michele also has incredible creativity and whimsy — she utilizes everything from brilliantly hued glass, intricately sculpted PMC silver, gold, semi-precious gems, and luminous pearls to hand crafted Asian papers, silk, bone, and leather in her work.
Now, you can own a Purple Cloud Studio original by Michele! This piece is meticulously crafted from fine silver capturing brilliant, fused glass. A Dichroic ring dangles at the bottom. The neck piece is synthetic ultra-suede in black on a springy wire (so it holds on by itself) and the ends are American Artglass cane beads. This piece retails for $110.
Contest EXTENDED until 10-15. GOOD LUCK!
“Like” Purple Cloud Studio on Facebook (1 entry, must be completed in order for all other entries to be counted)
- Leave a comment on the Purple Cloud Studio Facebook Wall and let them know Susan Said What?! sent you (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Purple Cloud Studio on Twitter, please leave your Twitter name in your comment (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- “Like” Susan Said What?! on Facebook (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Susan Said What?! on Twitter, please leave your Twitter name in your comment (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- Tweet about this giveaway. Please leave a direct status link to your tweet. You can tweet 3x per day, at least one hour apart. (1 entry per comment, 3 comments per day, please leave a separate comment for each)
WIN a stunning fused glass & silver necklace by Purple Cloud Studio @SusanMcNeill. Retail $110! https://susansaidwhat.com/?p=3473
- Blog about this giveaway and include a direct link to this post. Please include a link to your post within the comment. (2 entries)
Photo courtesy of Purple Cloud Studio.
Susan McNeill is a wife, mother, author, entrepreneur and the founder of a literacy non-profit. In addition to Susan Said What?! Susan also writes for It’s how you play the game!, Success Won’t Wait! and new for 2011 The Best Christmas Ever!
Disclaimer: No compensation was received in exchange for this post. The opinions stated are my own and were not influenced in any way by Purple Cloud Studio.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.