While I love fashion as much as the next girl, there are times when I consciously — at all costs — avoid a trend. Sometimes it is a color that is so incredibly wrong for me, I can’t even carry it as a handbag. Sometimes, the style simply isn’t flattering on anyone under 6’. And, sometimes, I suspect that designers are actually making fun of us. Read on…
- One shoulder cut out. According to Elle, this is one of the top looks for spring However, I just can’t get behind it! Once, my little niece got angry at her dad and cut the sleeves off all of his dress shirts. Each time I see one of these, I am reminded of that ill-fated attempt to get his attention. (Please note, this look is vastly different than the sexy, slouchy Flashdance shoulder, which I adore.)
- Sleeve slits. While these look dramatic, beautiful and vaguely medieval on the runway, the reality of those sleeves flopping around while I am trying to actually do anything just drives me crazy. Bell sleeves took long enough to get used to. I am using an executive veto on this one.
- Robes as clothing. Read my recent post on pajamas in public. ‘Nuff said.
- XXXXL bags. A few years back, I got a stunning Dooney & Burke satchel in a luscious caramel color. It was absolutely gorgeous. It was also so large and heavy, than after just one day of lugging it around Boston for the Head of the Charles Regatta, I vowed never again. My back still hasn’t recovered.
- Slogan tees. I left these behind in middle school. You should, too.
Since this is my personal “miss” list, I wonder… do you agree? Or, are there other looks you will be skipping this season? I would love to hear from you!
And, while you’re here, please take some time to enter one of our recent giveaways!
Gorgeous 100% copper Moscow Mule mug and shot glass set for chic parties all spring long! Easy Rafflecopter entry form and so many ways to enter the giveaway daily! Ends 4-10.
Just in time for Sandal Season! butter LONDON’s color-rich nail lacquer provides one stroke coverage and a high-shine finish with chip-resistant wear. Easy Rafflecopter entry form and so many ways to enter the giveaway daily! Ends 4-27.
Susan Said… WHAT?! is your guide to real style for the way you live. From fabulous fashion and accessories, to gorgeous gardens and stunning interiors, plus the latest products for parties, weddings, and events of all kinds. Susan Conforte McNeill is an author, entrepreneur, Harper’s BAZAAR Style Ambassador and Cover Girl Ambassador. She is also the co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait! Susan Said…WHAT?! was named one of the Top 50 Beauty Blogs in the World by RebateZone.com. To learn more, visit Family Circle Magazine or click the About tab above.
DISCLAIMER: No financial compensation was received in exchange for this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services that I believe will be good for my readers.