Outdoor entertaining in the summertime is one of my greatest pleasures. My husband mans the charcoal grill, guests lounge on the patio, and I… well, I run around like a crazy woman doing everything else!
I admit, I’ve always wanted to emulate those Martha Stewart types who can whip up a plate of grilled tomatoes with mozzarella cheese, drizzled in olive oil wearing a pair of my crisp, white capris and a Coco Chanel-inspired nautical striped top. Unfortunately, the reality is that with a house full of guests including overexcited kids and dogs, my outfit is often– shall we say — spotty before the festivities even get underway!
Lucky for me, vintage-inspired aprons have made a tremendous comeback in recent years and with good reason. Not only are these aprons lovely, they are so sensible. Now, I can protect my clothes from – well, myself — and still look chic enough for my guests when the first course is served!
Taking the lead in this trend is the Jessie Steele label, whose aprons and coordinating kitchen items are carried by over 3,000 stores in more than 27 countries. If you’re not familiar with the name, you are likely familiar with the label’s designs. Jessie Steele’s aprons have been featured in numerous national magazines — from Better Homes and Gardens to Vogue. And did you ever wonder where the picture-perfect hostesses portrayed by Marcia Cross (Bree, Desperate Housewives) or Kristin Davis (Charlotte, Sex and the City) find their chic kitchen ensembles? Jessie Steele of course!
The story behind the Jessie Steel e label reads like a fairytale. Designer Helena Steele conceived of her line while on a plane high above the Pacific Ocean. It was late September 2001, and she was returning home with yet more vintage aprons for her collection. It was then that she realized now was the time to do what she promised her children each time they cooked together — to bring back the classic, beloved hostess apron. And the rest, as they say, is history!
First, the Cream and Black Damask Apron Collection, pictured, is simply perfect for an evening of elegant entertaining. The collection includes two aprons (coated or non-coated), as well as coordinating oven mitts, terry towels and even a pair of matching, trimmed rubber gloves! Retail $6.95 – $34.95
Next, the Red & White Gingham Convertible Apron Set, as shown, is absolutely necessary for casual outdoor grilling and entertaining. This unique apron is convertible from bib style to a waist wrap. Collection also includes matching oven mitt, terry towel and more. Retail $6.95 – $33.96
Finally, my new favorite and the latest addition to the Jessie Steele line is the brand new Kitchen Cherry Collection (apron pictured). Stylish aprons, mitts, towels – this collection even has coordinating pieces like an adorable lunch bag and a sweet totebag! Retail $6.95 – $33.95
Want a Jessie Steele apron for your next event? The line is everywhere! To find a store near you, simply visit Jessie Steele’s retail partners . Or if you prefer to shop online, visit the Jessie Steele store.
Here’s how to WIN your own Jessie Steele trio from the Kitchen Cherry Collection (Retail over $60) including a stylish apron, matching mitt and towel. Good luck!
“Like” Jessie Steele on Facebook (1 entry, must be completed in order for all other entries to be counted)
- Leave a comment on the Jessie Steele Facebook Wall and let them know Susan Said What?! sent you (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Jessie Steele on Twitter, please leave your Twitter name in your comment (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- Sign up for the Jessie Steele newsletter Flour & Flower. Include in message any ideas/topics you would like to see in the blog/newsletter. (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- “Like” Susan Said What?! on Facebook (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- Follow Susan Said What?! on Twitter, please leave your Twitter name in your comment (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
- Subscribe to Susan Said What?! via email (2 entries, please leave a separate comment for each) Please leave your email address in your comment.
- Tweet about this giveaway. Please leave a direct status link to your tweet. You can tweet 3x per day, at least one hour apart. (1 entry per comment, 3 comments per day):
Susan Said What?! WIN a stylish, chic apron, towel & mitt set from Jessie Steele, as seen in Vogue! Retail over $60! http://wp.me/pJ0dl-PU
- Blog about this giveaway and include a direct link to this post. Please include a link to your post within the comment. (5 entries, please leave a separate comment for each)
Susan McNeill is a wife, mother, author, entrepreneur and the co-founder of the literacy organization Success Won’t Wait! In addition to Susan Said What?! Susan also writes for It’s how you play the game!, Success Won’t Wait! and new for 2011 The Best Christmas Ever!
Photos courtesy of Jessie Steele.
Disclaimer: I received Jessie Steele product samples for evaluation, in order to write this review. No compensation was received in exchange for this post. The opinions stated are my own and were not influenced in any way by Jessie Steele.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.