I recently came to the conclusion that Bunco should be required for all women over the age of 30. Friday night was my group’s monthly Bunco night and what a fun way to have a Girl’s Night Out. We ate great food (thanks to host Lorie Issel – a former California caterer and transplant to the East Coast) and drank fabulous “Elizabethtini’s” inspired by the divine Pizza by Elizabeth in Greenville.
Of course, Bunco is a mindless game, which is truly the point. Also, because I kept winning (a first, I assure you!) I got to move around the room and partner with almost everyone.
Now, what do you think 16 truly amazing women like to discuss on a Friday? Husbands or boyfriends? Nah. Children? Work? Forget it! Fashion was definitely the topic of the evening, and from our chatter, we came up with a Bunco Top 5 “Can’t Live Without It! List” for Summer. See if you agree…
1. Goddess Dresses. Who can’t appreciate a little strategic draping here and there – it makes attending a gala or concert so much more pleasant – you can stop constantly wondering if you are bulging in all the wrong places! Plus, the one-shouldered Grecian style re-popularized by our First Lady is almost universally flattering. Sexy and elegant.
2. Ocean / Beach Inspired Accessories. Sandals embellished with starfish, bags patterned with sand dollars, or sterling flip flops for the Trollbeads bracelet. Who won’t feel cute with these quintessential summery accents? A no brainer for June through August.
3. Chunky, ethnic or beaded jewelry. From African tribal to Native American turquoise, this was a universally popular idea with my Bunco buddies. Take last year’s outfit and transform it with an inexpensive necklace, statement earrings, chunky cocktail ring or armful of bangles. When we’re all watching our fashion budgets, this is an inexpensive, quick update.
4. Embellished hems. We love, love, love this treatment. Adorable without being trite.
5. White. After a long winter season and even longer (and rainier – at least on the East Coast) we want white! White capris, cute white tanks, white sandals. Paired with an updated, nautical-inspired accent piece, this is a great look until the leaves begin to fall in September.
Do you have a top 5 for Summer? Let me know!